Monday, March 12, 2007

Physically Demanding Schedules of The Woman

My mother once told me that men don't know the troubles women have, especially mothers.

The husband goes to work a 9 to 5 shift during the week and mows the lawn and does yard work on the weekends. The woman gets up early to get the kids ready for school. She cleans the messes and cleans the house. She gets the mail and gets the food. She waits at the school to pick up the kids. She fixes dinner to make sure it's ready at exactly 5:30 when the husband gets home. She cleans up the mess and washes the dishes. She cleans the house and cleans the floor. She makes sure the children brush their teeth and are asleep. She reads a bedtime story and tucks them in and watches them until they fall asleep. She walks into the bedroom and her husband expects sex. She fakes it and moans until the 5 seconds are up and she goes to sleep. Awaken by the alarm, her day starts again with the same physically demanding schedule.

My mother always told me that she wished my father knew what it would be like to be a woman. Full and voluptuous. Sexy and smart. Empowered to have power. Destined for greatness. We are woman, hear us meow.

3 comments:

ysfb said...

I always see women watching their soaps and having the kids do the all the work. That's what my mom did. She was into making sure the kids worked their asses off. I'm glad that sweat shop is over.

Kate Michele said...

::stands up and cheers::

MEOW!!!

Beyond Me said...

we're allowed to cheat a little.