Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day

I woke up to breakfast in bed. The toast was a little burnt but who's complaining?! We of course skipped classed yesterday to just spend the day with each other. We sat in bed together feeding each other, which led to other things.......

We had the whole day planned until, I heard a knock on the door, it was my parents. All I could give them was an awkward surprise look. Out of all the days to visit me, why did it have to be Valentine's Day. After I got over the shock of my parents being here, I had to get over another shock of my boyfriend meeting my parents again. All these threats he'd been making might come true, so I panicked. He was just as surprised as I was, and just as much as upset. He told them that we had plans and they had to leave. My parents told him they just got here and where are they supposed to go. Then he told them should've thought about that before they left. He gave them until 4 to leave and went back in the bedroom and slammed the door. Then my parents looked back at me to see what I was going to do about it. I told them that he was right. Then we got into this long useless conversation that almost ended me kicking them out myself. I thought they were trying to let me live my own life. My boyfriend stayed in the bedroom until it was about 4. He acted as if they weren't even there. They left at 4 to stay at a hotel. It was killing me to tell my parents to go to a hotel to stay instead of here but somehow I knew if I let them stay that would not only piss my boyfriend off but it would prove that they can get their own way everytime, and I couldn't have that on my day!

So back to my Valentine's Day. My parents left and we left shortly after for dinner. We ate at this romantic restaurant. The lights were dimmed and they played music. We felt like we were in a our own world. It felt private and beautiful, I loved it. I didn't want to leave! But we had to. We walked down the sidewalk together close. I was cold so he took off his coat and put it on me. It's things like these that I know their is a sweet person inside him. It eventually got too cold for both of us so we went back home.

We exchanged gifts. He got me a locket with a picture of both of us from a long time ago inside of it. I got him something for me but for him to see. A little something something from Victoria's Secret. I told him that he will see me in it later. We popped some popcorn and watched a couple of my favorite romantic movies. I knew he would hate Failure to Launch but I knew he'd like 50 First Dates. I have to say that it's probably the one movie that we both can agree on to watch "happily".

Once the movie was over it was time for my Victoria's Secret outfit. No details after that....*smile/wink*

That was my Valentine's/Birthday. I called my parents this morning to see how they were doing. They are still a little angry and I'm not going to try and apologize for something that they did. I hope everybody else's Valentine's Day was a great as mines, minus the parents.

4 comments:

Kate Michele said...

That is so sweet.... So what VS outfit did you get?? I'm assuming he liked it.

I can't beleive your parents showed up...of all days...what were they thinking would happen??

ysfb said...

She really didn't have to go to VS for me. She could've just came out of the shower dripping wet and my valentines day would've been perfect.

It was unfortuante I couldn't manhandle the mother and kick dad's ass but it was a holiday, I had to restrain myself.

Kate Michele said...

You are such a good boy.... such manners. Knowing to wait till the holiday is over....haha

Beyond Me said...

i think my mother appreciates your restraint on manhandling her.