Friday, February 02, 2007

Let Me Be

I told my parents last night about my relationship with my boyfriend and they were upset. They were telling me that I can consider myself cut off. I just couldn't take it anymore. If something so petty that has nothing to do with them causes them to react like that just insults me. How can you want me to be on my own and still try to control who I see and what I do? So I told them that if they wish to do that then I will just remove myself from their grasp. If they want to treat me like that then fine. I just won't be part of the family if they can't accept who I am and just let me go. They got silent and told me that they'll start respecting my boundaries and try to give me more independence. I thanked them and felt as if a huge burden had just been relieved. I felt so happy. I've been waiting for years for them to tell me that.

Thanks again, LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kate Michele said...

I'm so proud of you!!!