Saturday, November 26, 2005

After Thanksgiving

My family is still stuck in the 1800s. We had a very natural Thanksgiving. As I stood outside and watch my grandpa shoot the turkey I knew this Thanksgiving was going to be special.

My grandparents live in the woods. This was the 3rd time I've been there all my life. The last time being when I was 13. My family would usually invite them over.

Back to the turkey.

My grandmother cutting the head off the turkey was extra fun. It was cold and raining that day. It felt like I was in a cheesy horror flick. I told my parents that it will be a cold day in hell that I come back to Amityville. They got a good laugh and told me that we'll be back next year.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't eat the turkey. I felt like I was a witness to a murder of an innocent bird and I was getting rid of the evidence. I told them that I was feeling sick and my period was driving me crazy and the guys at the table stopped me and told me to just leave. I ordered pizza and talked to my boyfriend all night over the phone. It seemed like he was having one hell of a Thanksgiving himself finding out that he has a brother.

Desert was well worth the wait. I ate for what seemed like hours and I'm still stuffed. At the end I was glad I did visit my grandparents and other relatives. It turned out one of the best Thanksgiving's I've ever had.

1 comment:

ysfb said...

I'm glad I didn't go to your family over the break. Nothing is better than waking up to a headless turkey running in your front yard in the morning.

that would be great to see. i don't see why you didn't take pictures or record it or something.