Monday, January 29, 2007

Oy Vey

Well I got off the phone with my parents. The visit at the boyfriend's parents home didn't go to well. My parents thought they blew what they were saying out of proportion. I know my parents and I'm sure they said a few things they should've just kept to themselves. It's like Romeo and Juliet here. The boyfriend is still out. Right now I'm just giving him his space because that's the last thing I need is for him to bring that shit on me.

He even jogged this morning. He didn't talk much but he jogged. He hasn't really talked about it all day at school. He seems to be keeping it all inside. His friends said that he's not talking to them either. Hopefully he'll be back a little happier. I hope he hasn't decided to take that drive and come back hours later.

I can't believe my parents. I ended the phone call today in tears. I felt embarrassed. Who are they to judge who I date? I am a grown woman and I can make my own decisions. And to say that I changed because of him? I've always been an outspoken person. They are just seeing him as a person that made me this way.

He's not answering his phone so I'm leaving voice messages. He hasn't acted this way in awhile. The later it gets I start to worry. I'm like running to the phone everytime it rings hoping that it's him.

2 comments:

Kate Michele said...

Parents....they need to see that you are and am growing into a wonderful woman that has a mind and uses it. He had nothing to do with that...you are who you are and he supports that. They just want you to be who they want you to be and you can't do that.

Blaming him is childish on their part...it will only serve to drive you away and they will lose you. They should trust your judgment. YSB is a great guy...and your right they need to stay out of it.

If you need to talk you can email me.... k8michele@gmail.com.....

Hang in there..

Anonymous said...

I haven't really known you that long but you seem to be a good person. Just give him his space. Talking to him tends to make things worst. Once he's ready to talk, he'll come to you.