Saturday, January 13, 2007

Accident

Waking up in the morning and having breakfast. You go to school with your boyfriend and just think of the fun you and your friends are going to have later. It's now dark. You go out to pick up one last thing and you're there with your friends to have fun. You go to the stop light. Traffic is already backed up so you just pull out enough to see if you are able to go out. The light starts to turn yellow so you know that you have no choice but to take the light or you'll be just stuck in the middle of traffic so you take it. No more than a split second making that turn you notice somebody is also trying to beat the light, but it's too late for both of you to stop. Both of your lives flashes in front of your eyes. You wake up on the cold dark pavement not able to move much. You are in a lot of pain. Your day flashes in front of your eyes. You wonder what you could've done differently that day to avoid the accident.

Last night I witnessed a bad car accident. It felt as if it was going in slow motion. The driver of one the cars was ok and was trying to help the other driver. When I looked closer at the accident, I saw a person on the highway. My heart just started hurting. I couldn't live with myself if I hit a person and took their life. The person seemed to be able to move a little but not that much. I'm assuming they were in the jeep and they were not wearing their seat belt.

The whole visual image of the accident is just haunting to me. You don't see things like that everyday. I've never seen anything like this before. I come from a very secluded area and near death experiences have never been so close to me before. I'm guessing that's why I'm taking this so badly. The accident happened no further than a few steps from the car I was in. That car could've been us.

I'm feeling better today. I called my mom last night and she calmed me down. It's something that I call an experience. I refused to read the paper to see the outcome of the accident but from my point of view of the accident and what people are telling me, nobody was killed. Thank you.

No comments: